Banana & Nuts Bread
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Whole-wheat flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Cup of Butter
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Apple
- 100g of Walnuts
- Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Stir sugar with eggs until whitten.
- Add all dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, and baking powder) previously mixed and previously sieved.
- On a side, you will make a puree with the banana, grate the unskinned-apple and add the butter softened.
- Add the vanilla essence, fruit, and butter to the main mix.
- Chop the walnuts and include them to the batter with the cinnamon.
- Pour into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Prick de bread with a clean toothpick; if it comes out clean the bread is ready.
- I usually use a mix of white flour, whole wheat flour, and some buckwheat flour. I recommend you mix and match, try what you prefer. If you are gluten intolerant you can change it for any kind of flour you prefer (rice, oat, buckwheat, rye).
- For a vegan version, you can replace eggs for more apple, chia or flaxseed with some water. This makes some kind of watery-gel.
- The butter can be replaced for sunseed oil (1 cup).