- 250 g All-purpose flour
- 200 g Wholewheat flour
- 180 g Water/Milk
- 135 g Smashed Potatoes
- 3 Eggs (125g)
- 30 g Sugar
- 10 g Salt
- 15 g Dried yeast
- 30 g Vegetable Oil
- Nuts & Seeds
- We will begin by peeling 2-3 small potatoes. Boil in water for a few minutes. Drain and smash. Lo lumps and reserve at a side while it cools down a bit.
- Oil a bread mold pan. You can either use vegetable oil or butter.
- Mix all the ingredients without the vegetable oil. Knead for five minutes.
- Add the vegetable oil with nuts&seeds, knead for a few more minutes, and let it rest until it doubles its size. Leave in a bowl covered with a cloth in a warm place.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle the length of the pan. Roll up, put inside the mold, and paint with egg and milk.
- Preheat the over at 180°
- Let it rest again for another good 30 minutes, it will continue to grow.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°
This recipe is an inspiration from GlutenMorgen’s one. Feel free to check it out.
For mashed potatoes, I recommend weighing the peeled potatoes. I usually use 2-3 medium to small potatoes.
Nuts&Seeds: I am a fan of sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sometimes I even use sunflower seeds. I recommend using one at a time.
This is a great bread for toasts, sandwiches, and quick snacks.
I encourage yourself to play and try other flours. The healthiest version for me is with whole wheat flour. Remember that wholewheat flours absorb more liquids. In that case, you will have to