- 1 Cup of Whole-wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- ¼ Cup of Olive Oil (or 1 Cup of Very Cold Organic Butter)
- 1 Cup of Water
- Thyme (optional)
- Seasonal vegetables (onion, red bell pepper, pumpkin, sweet corn, zucchini, etc. )
- 2 Eggs
- 100cc Sweet Cream
- Salt, Pepper, Seasonings
- Mix flour, salt, olive oil, and thyme (or any other herb of your preference).
- Slowly add water as much as needed, while kneading the dough until smooth. You might use less than a cup, or more.
- Make a bun out of the dough, wrap it with a cloth, or plastic wrap in contact, and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper, and sauté.
4a. For Zucchini Flavor: Chop the zucchini and add with onion and pepper to give a full cook.
4b. For Pumpkin and Sweet Corn Flavor: Boil pumpkin and sweet corn (not necessary if you are using a canned). Blend pumpkin, sauteed onion and pepper, and half of the corn.
- Mix eggs, sweet cream, and vegetables in a bowl ( for 4b you add the second half of the sweet corn). Season to taste. I usually use curry, nutmeg, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Roll out the dough, cover a tart pan, and pour in the filling. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C until golden.
- For vegan options, you can avoid eggs in all steps or replace them for hydrated flaxseeds.
- Sweet Cream can be replaced with vegan milk and pulp.
- For the Pumpkin Pie, I also use cinnamon when seasoning.
- Try with other vegetables and experiment with your favorites.
- I also pre-cook the dough usually 5-7 minutes before filling.